Your privacy is important to Petrotechnics. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Petrotechnics collects, and the ways in which Petrotechnics uses that personal information.
When we provide services, such as this webpage, we want to make them as useful as possible. When delivering services over the internet it is common practice to store small amounts of information on your computer or phone. This information is stored by your web browser in small files called cookies. Cookies serve a number of possible purposes:
- speed up websites by avoiding sending the same information every time
- measure general usage of the website to help us improve
- recognise returning visitors so we can highlight new / changed information since your last visit
You can block / remove cookies using your browser. A useful guide to doing this is available here. There are two main types of cookies, first party and second party.
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled directly by us and used to provide information about general usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies used by other companies’ tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Google Analytics and Facebook Like buttons have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
Personal information collection
Petrotechnics may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website;
- information that you provide us for the purpose of registering with the website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services; and
- any other information that you send to Petrotechnics.
Using personal information
Petrotechnics may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send you statements and invoices; and
- send you marketing communications.
Petrotechnics does not disclose your personal information to external 3rd parties. Petrotechnics may share contact information with its resellers, who are contractually obligated to treat such information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the uses described above, Petrotechnics may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Petrotechnics use of collecting and storing personal information complies with GDPR where applicable.
Securing your data
Petrotechnics takes all reasonable technical and administrative precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Petrotechnics stores all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
Petrotechnics collects and stores your contact information on servers within the European Union. Where data is transferred we ensure that there is an adequacy decision by the European Commission in respect of the country within which the data is transferred. This means that the country to which we transfer data is deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Petrotechnics is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.